Wednesday 22 September, 2010

iExpensive!!!??

I'll start off by saying that, I've had arguments with many people complaining that Apple Inc. is excessively over priced, but I always tell them, or at least try to make them understand: that there's a difference between 'Being over priced' and 'Selling a product with the perfect anatomy".

Now being said that, have you ever compared the configurations of a Basic Mac with the system your using or planning to buy. And I am not talking about comparing the 4GB RAM with a 2GB RAM or 320GB HD with a 500GB HD, am talking about the complexity of that hardware as in the MHz and the GHz of that Hardware. Trust me there's a difference.
Putting an OLED or WLED screen instead of the original LED screen is not, what i would say a Real-Deal. and otherwise also OLED(as per me) stands for Overly-Dumb LED or Wannabe LED screen. LOL. I mean Seriously, Have you ever used it in full brightness? It feels like a 'laser light' being forced into your eyes. Sucks.
And really, I mean how many times have you really got those moments where you tell your system "Oh shit! I can do this too with this!!!!???" I know you must have, but "how many times?" is the Question, An informal stat would be: Ask any Mac user they have those moments more than the days that they've owned one.
I am not an Apple fan boy(Well kinda), am just a fan of the real technology. The Technology that really matters and shouldn't be hated just because you haven't used it once.
And now the GUI, It's phenomenal. Even the open source guys'll agree(I know in your minds you already do). It has got the perfect blend of looks with usability. The DOCK, don't you just love it? And people claiming they don't, are lying, if you don't then why the hell do you have it installed on your Linux and Windows? why, just why?
I think the looks shouldn't be even discussed, it's something that we all know stand out from anything that exists in the market. Not just look wise but the built of it is also amazing. The whole body is made out of one Aluminium block. One aluminium block has got it all and hence only 6 screws in the whole machine.

There iSaid it. Now next time you think why a Mac or Apple product is 'Over priced' well just re-read this blog. My point here is not to tell you about the features of a Mac but it's blind side facts for many people. Request: next time choose wisely.

iPeace

11 comments:

  1. i think we know dat already...but gr8 job wid the first blog...pretty neat i say

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just became an apple fan....i think u made sense.!
    very well written, i must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sushruti: i know an apple person'll understand it, but, it's for those who don't know.
    @nimisha: good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the 'technology' part! and well yeah, apple products are undoubtedly awesome- iAgree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well written n conveyed i must say.
    ipeace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice read! but OLED's are good! posting its link to TB

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey sid...nice work...loved the OLED & WLED...keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also I would like to add that Apple iMacs costs just about the same as premium dell laptops and Sony(crap load) viao. Its ultimately not the manufacturer that sets the price, its the market. If the price they wanted is the price consumers are also paying then they are doing good I would say.
    Apple products are not overpriced. They empty your pockets because when you buy their products you will probably end up saying 'Oh shit! I never saw it anywhere else, That's so cool' line 10 times a day.They have redefined 'Cool' many times And when you get bore they will shoot an update so you have more to explore. See Magicpad, stupid Idea, stupid device..for many...but I would love to have it if it replaces a mouse and is compatible with any system. Apple has its flaws too. Which company doesnt have? They are not perfect. No company is perfect. But they do give you something thats totally new. And they do leave a mark.

    P.S: I am totally not an Apple Fan. I support Microsoft. But the only reason is that my quest is different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very glad that my entry delivered the message, the whole idea was supposed to be light and humorous.
    Thanks all.
    @TB: Totally agreed and Apple is also very much considered as 'Setting up the bench mark". Even iPad wasn't really the thing we hoped for but still it is the reason fro Android's birth and huge popularity amongst tablets.
    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fully agree that the price is worth it! I love Apple for the effort they put in the hardware and doing good things with software (like your screen reader).

    But I don't think the GUI is phenomenal. All the graphical sorcery and more can be brought in using open source software like compiz. Plus, do you have something called "Always on Top" in the latest Mac OS ? Or you need some donation-ware to provide that ? But yeah, some places the UI is lot more intuitive than Window$ and Linux too, like the Network Manager! And I can't really deny that i loved the idea of touchphones spawned by iPhone.

    Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete